Zildjian S Family Cymbals
Mastersound HiHats feature a hammered outer edge bottom cymbal, which not only prevents air lock, but creates a lively, fast “chick” sound and an overall balanced tonal presence. Choose 13” diameter for more control and articulation, or 14” diameter for a versatile range of frequencies and full-bodied response.
S Family Mastersound Hihats
- Weight: Medium/Heavy
- Finish: Brilliant
- Lively, fast “chick”
- Versatile range of frequencies and full-bodied response
An exhaustive two-year research and design project by the Zildjian Sound Lab results in a new modern cymbal voice from the legendary Zildjian Company. The new S Family from Zildjian is an expressive cymbal with a balanced frequency response, making it suitable for a variety of musical styles. It features a B12 alloy (88% copper, 12% tin) coupled with cutting edge modern manufacturing techniques that produce a cymbal capable of a wide range of musical expression.
- B12 Alloy: 88% Copper, 12% Tin - produces the perfect balance of low, middle, and high frequencies.
- Fully Lathed: Top and bottom lathing - crafted to perfection in weight, feel, and sound.
- Extensive Hammering: Gives these cymbals a dialed-in sonic response throughout all dynamic ranges.
- Brilliant Finish: Invented by Zildjian, the striking brilliant finish helps open up the sound, providing a bright and shimmery tone.