As an electric guitarist in the '80s, if you wanted to play acoustic on stage there were few options available. In 1987, Yamaha made the first acoustic guitar that could be taken from a guitar rack, plugged in and played at volume, problem free; no more howling feedback, misplaced mics or dreaded extended sound checks.
The latest APX600 features a unique under-saddle piezo pickup, the Yamaha proprietary SRT transducer featured in the highly-acclaimed A Series range, a natural tone and the feedback rejection and mix-friendly sound guitarists crave.
Although its style has evolved, the essence of the APX remains the same. Today, it boasts a more natural look, a deeper body for better bass response and greater volume, and a new non-scalloped bracing pattern for a responsive, dynamic tone.
Combines all the attributes that made its predecessor, the APX500, one of the world's best-selling acoustic-electric guitars, along with a few comfort and cosmetic upgrades.
- Spruce Top, Nato Back & Sides, Nato Neck
- Rosewood Fingerboard & Bridge, 25" Scale Length, 1 11/16" Nut Width
- SYSTEM65 + SRT Piezo Pickup, Vol/3-band EQ/Tuner/Mid FQ Controls
- Black ABS with White Dot Bridge Pins, Chrome Tuners, ABS + Abalone Soundhole Inlay, Ivory + Black Body Binding
- Includes: ChromaCast Padded Gig Bag, 4 Pick Sampler, Classic Bronze Med-Light Acoustic Guitar Strings, Guitar Stand, Guitar Capo, Tuner, & Guitar Strap