While these vintage style coils give the 59 Model humbuckers an airy quality that keeps them planted firmly in the PAF family, the alnico 5 bar magnet, and vacuum wax potting have been added to compensate for lighter guitar strings and louder amplifiers than were ever used in the 50s. The result is a pickup with tons of old-school tonal character, but with a brighter top end, and a more compressed sound. The 59s are great for all types of rock and blue sin addition to the alnico 5 magnet and wax potting, we hand build the 59 Model with a variety of traditional vintage treatments, such as 42AWG plain enamel mag wire, long legged nickel silver bottom plate, vintage single-conductor braided push-back lead wire, and no logo. As with all of our PAF style pickups, the 59 Model is wound on Seymours old Leesona winder from the early Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, MI.
- Perfect for blues, jazz, and classic rock
- Made up of a pair of calibrated SH-1 '59 Model pickups for the neck and bridge positions
- Will take the guesswork out of matching complete retrofit sets of guitar pickups
- Includes all necessary mounting hardware and wiring instructions
- Hand built in Duncan's Santa Barbara, California workshop