The MXR® design team has collaborated with Eddie Van Halen to deliver a full range of powerful saturation and hyper-driven tones right at your feet. The resulting EVH 5150™ Overdrive joins hand-adjusted multi-stage MOSFETs with a full complement of controls to deliver overdriven tube-like tones and exceptional sonic flexibility through a wide variety of amps and speaker cabinets.
Whether on stage or in the studio, the EVH 5150 Overdrive's controls dial up the whole spectrum-from Eddie's groundbreaking early classic tones to the high gain, super-articulate sound he uses today. Output and Gain controls set your volume and distortion levels, while the 3-band passive tone stack EQ section shapes your sound to taste. The Boost switch kicks the 5150 Overdrive into high gear with extra gain and compression, and the Gate control-powered by the Smart Gate® circuit-tames unwanted noise.
The EVH 5150 Overdrive features true bypass switching and comes in a road-worthy housing emblazoned with custom EVH artwork.
- Overdrive pedal based on the Blue channel of the EVH 5150 amplifier
- 3-band EQ lets you dial in your perfect tone
- Add extra punch to your sound with the +6dB Boost
- Intelligent noise gate reacts slowly when you're holding sustained notes and faster when your playing speeds up
- True-bypass operation keeps your tone clean when not engaged
- Runs from a 9-volt battery or power supply