: Reengineered, Not Remastered
24-Channel 192 kHz bus-powered professional USB Audio Interface
The exciting new Babyface Pro once again demonstrates RME’s absolute commitment to superior craftsmanship, not only in audio circuits and driver development but also in mechanics.
Created with the highest precision from a block of aluminum, this high-end yet portable interface incorporates newly designed analog and digital circuits. Its innovative energy saving technologies provide supreme fidelity with no compromises in level, noise or distortion.
Babyface Pro ships with RME’s TotalMix FX, available for Windows and Mac OS X. An iOS version is available as well. This amazingly versatile software allows you to use Babyface Pro in every situation. You can do something as simple as mixing together your guitar and vocal to headphones.
The FPGA-based DSP mixer adds a flexible, 3-band parametric equalizer to all inputs and outputs. Reverb and delay FX are also available.
Latest generation low latency AD/DA converters, combined with RME’s unique SteadyClock technology, result in exceptional specifications that will satisfy the most demanding of professionals.
A field-programmable gate array (FPGA) is an integrated circuit designed to be configured by a customer or a designer after manufacturing.
The Class Compliant mode is a standard that is natively supported by operating systems like Windows, Mac OS X, Linux distributions, and hardware like Apple’s iPad. No proprietary drivers are required, the device will be directly recognized.
TotalMix FX is RME’s superior hardware mixer. It delivers fully flexible mixing/routing with many superior features for studio and live work, still maintaining exemplary overview and usability.
- EFFICIENT DESIGN - Babyface Pro’s incredibly efficient design almost never requires an external power supply – it’s perfectly stable on USB 3 bus power, and also most USB 2 ports, with no degradation in any technical specification. This makes it perfect for mobile recording, even with a pair of your favorite condenser microphones. The comprehensive feature set continues with an optical TOSLINK I/O; use as either an ADAT port with SMUX support or SPDIF for sessions up to 192 kHz.
- PERFECT FOR LIVE & STUDIO - In combination with an external ADAT converter, the Babyface Pro fully supports 12 analog inputs as well as 12 outputs, making it ideal for both live and studio multi-track applications. You can plug any instrument, line or high impedance, into Babyface Pro’s jack inputs 3 & 4. Record your guitar on the go, with no additional hardware required. MIDI I/O via an included breakout cable completes the package.
- SUPERIOR HARDWARE MIXER - TotalMix FX is RME’s superior hardware mixer. It delivers fully flexible mixing/routing with many superior features for studio and live work, still maintaining exemplary overview and usability. Two digitally controlled preamps provide individually switchable 48V phantom power. These brand new circuits feature a gain range of 76 dB, resulting in exceptional Equivalent Input Noise performance as well as enough gain for even the lowest level microphones.
- PROFESSIONAL FEATURES - For the main I/O, RME have designed a completely new XLR socket, which integrates seamlessly into the housing and saves space. The two headphone outputs, offering TRS and mini-jack sockets in parallel, have completely separate driver stages to perfectly match low and high impedance headphones, guaranteeing pristine sonic results no matter what type of headphone is used.
- CONNECTIVITY - 12 Input and 12 Output channels, 4 x Analog Inputs (Mic, Line, Instrument), 4 x Analog Outputs (2 x XLR, 2 x Phones), 1 x ADAT I/O or 1 x SPDIF I/O optical, 1 x MIDI I/O, 1 x USB 2.0 (USB 3 compatible), Digital Gain control on all inputs, Separate outputs for high and low impedance headphones